Please see my CV for a full list
that includes all past funding.
- Updating the Militarized Dispute Data Through Crowdsourcing: MID5, 2011-2017
(We're going to do crowdsourcing and natural-language processing here.)
Source: National Science Foundation (SES/PolSci: 1528409,1528624)
Amount: $1,050,000, with PSU Political Science and UT Dallas, Political Science
Postdoc opportunity available.
- CompCog: Modeling syntactic priming in language production
according to corpus data
Research Assistant opportunity available.
Source: National Science Foundation (BCS/Ling 1457992)
- CRII: Alignment in web-forum discourse: computational models of adaptation and language change
Source: National Science Foundation (CISE/IIS 1459300)
- Evaluating the Impact of Explanation-Based Transparency Approaches
on Human Trust in Autonomous Unmanned Systems
(2014-2015; funded by the Air Force Research Laboratory; in
collaboration with Lockheed Martin Corp.)
- Dr. Matthew A. Kelly [pubs]: Distributional Models of Semantics derived from Hunman Memory Theory
- Moojan Ghafurian [pubs]: Biases in timing decision-making
- Alexander G. Ororbia II [pubs]: Online Learning with Deep Hybrid Architectures for Semi-Supervised Categorization
- Yang Xu [pubs]:
An information-theoretic theory of dialogue
- Jeremy Cole [pubs]: Unsupervised evaluation of computational psycholinguistic models of language production via text-to-text
generation on large datasets
- Yafei Wang
(informal) [pubs]: Alignment in the peer-support conversations of an online cancer survivor community
Research Funded by Seed Grants
- Interactive Linguistic Alignment in Large Social Networks of
Health Online Forums.
Seed grant, College of IST.
- Using Crowd-Sourcing To Measure Complex Social Concepts: A Pilot
Seed grant, Social Sciences Research Institute (PI:
G. Palmer; Co-PIs V. D'Orazio, D. Reitter, M. Schmierbach)
- Once Bitten, Twice Shy: Controlled Experiments and Cognitive
Modeling of Online Marketing Scams
Seed grant, College of IST. (PI: J. Grossklags)
- Teaching Innovation for Developing an Undergraduate Course on
Human Robot Interaction Using A Humanoid Robot
Teaching innovation grant, College of IST. (PI: J. Yen; Co-PI:
D. Reitter and S. Haynes)