Please see my CV for a full list
that includes all past funding.
Ongoing and Upcoming
- ClassInSight: Insight on Teacher Learning by Scaffolding Noticing
Source: McDonnell Foundation (JSMF 20170023).
Amount: $270,000 (Named Investigator; PIs: A. Ogan, CMU, and
S. Clarke, UCSD). Total: $2,500,000 (direct).
- CompCog: Computational, distributed accounts of human memory: improving cognitive models
Source: National Science Foundation (PAC/RI: 1734304)
Amount: $500,000 (Single PI)
- Updating the Militarized Dispute Data Through Crowdsourcing: MID5, 2011-2017
(Crowdsourcing with Amazon Mechanical Turk, natural-language processing, machine learning with memory architectures.)
Source: National Science Foundation (SES/PolSci: 1528409,1528624)
Amount: $1,050,000, with PSU Political Science and UT Dallas, Political Science
- CompCog: Modeling syntactic priming in language production
according to corpus data
Research Assistant opportunity available.
Source: National Science Foundation (BCS/Ling 1457992)
- CRII: Alignment in web-forum discourse: computational models of adaptation and language change
Source: National Science Foundation (CISE/IIS 1459300)
- Evaluating the Impact of Explanation-Based Transparency Approaches
on Human Trust in Autonomous Unmanned Systems
(2014-2015; funded by the Air Force Research Laboratory; in
collaboration with Lockheed Martin Corp.)
- Dr. Jesus Calvillo [pubs] 06/2018--
- Dr. Matthew A. Kelly [pubs]: Distributional Models of Semantics derived from Human Memory Theory
- Alexander G. Ororbia II [pubs]: Online Learning with Deep Hybrid Architectures for Semi-Supervised Categorization
- Yang Xu [pubs]:
An information-theoretic theory of dialogue
- Jeremy Cole [pubs]: Unsupervised evaluation of computational psycholinguistic models of language production via text-to-text
generation on large datasets
- Saranya Venkatraman (MSc; PhD FA2018--)
- Dr. Moojan Ghafurian (now: U
Impatience in Dynamic Decision-Making: Its Moderation, and Implications
for User Interface Design
- Dr. Yafei
Wang (now: IBM Research) [pubs]:
Does linguistic alignment facilitate support functions? A Big Data
analysis on online health communities.
Research Funded by Seed Grants
- Interactive Linguistic Alignment in Large Social Networks of
Health Online Forums.
Seed grant, College of IST.
- Using Crowd-Sourcing To Measure Complex Social Concepts: A Pilot
Seed grant, Social Sciences Research Institute (PI:
G. Palmer; Co-PIs V. D'Orazio, D. Reitter, M. Schmierbach)
- Once Bitten, Twice Shy: Controlled Experiments and Cognitive
Modeling of Online Marketing Scams
Seed grant, College of IST. (PI: J. Grossklags)
- Teaching Innovation for Developing an Undergraduate Course on
Human Robot Interaction Using A Humanoid Robot
Teaching innovation grant, College of IST. (PI: J. Yen; Co-PI:
D. Reitter and S. Haynes)